There was an error in this gadget

Thursday, August 30, 2007

And then there was the bomb they found yesterday near my office...

A colleague just told me a bomb was discovered yesterday in a drainage ditch a couple hundred yards from my office building in the Ameerpet district of Hyderabad. I don't know how I was unaware of it.

One of the rumors making the rounds is that Hyderabad is being attacked because so many American companies do business here. Not that a local fast-food joint, and a park where families take their kids on a Saturday night, are likely to be target-rich environments for gringo infidel business executives. Bombers like to kill lots of people with their bombs; the rest is just rationalization.

According the that particular rumor, the "High-Tech City" area (where my apartment is located, naturally) is considered a high-risk target. Swell.

No comments: