There was an error in this gadget

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Flying home tonight

I'm flying back to Pennsylvania tonight at 3:00 AM and can't wait. Hyderabad to Amsterdam, and Amsterdam to Newark. Two weeks vacation and then a couple days in company HQ near Philadelphia, and off to meet the new boss in Dallas before coming back to India. KLM is a good airline. Having only flown domestic for so many years I wasn't used to the relative luxury, even in economy class, of flying KLM. Good food; free beer and cognac.

My friend Bernie will pick me up in Newark for the drive back to Coopersburg and if nothing goes wrong I'll have dinner with my wife tomorrow night, overlooking my swimming pool.

On the other hand I was supposed to fly back last night but the flight was cancelled. The airline never informed me and I only found out because I called the company travel department the day before to confirm everything was set.

No comments: